Monday 10 June 2013

The pros and cons....

Although I'm seeing a lot of hardship and people who live with sick and crippled bodies over here in Vietnam, the average person seems 'happy' which is more than I could say if I had my leg blown off, or    sick with disease.
These people are amazing at focusing on what they do have, and not letting obstacles stop them from getting on with life. I guess that comes with necessity. No work, No food !! Simple as that..
There's no such thing as 'cant', when it comes to transporting something from here to there. You or I would hire a small van to take some of the loads I've seen go down the street..On the back of a bike ! 
I counted 9 water bottles ( I'm talking the size you have in the office, 20lt) on one bike, all I was thinking is if one rolls off, it's going to be real ugly..
Entire mobile cafes balanced on the back of ladies pushbikes, and these ladies aren't teenagers..
Today I saw a man with a length of wood strapped across the bar behind his seat, with 2 nails either end and two  20lt buckets of paint...wouldn't want to get that one wrong.
A three door glass and wood kitchen cabinet and 6 sheets of glass on the same load.
A stack of what looked like 100 sheets of polystyrene stacked behinds a guys seat.
Mum, dad and two kids and grandma, all hugging each other real tight..flying past.
Incredible....
The Vietnamese are also fantastic cooks, with lots of their recipes being taught down through the generations..YUM 
Here we're getting 7 spring rolls for $3 or less, at home it's more like 3 spring rolls for $7.
They are extremely good at sewing and copying anything....sometimes the logos on tee shirts get mixed up in translation, that can be funny.
They are very hospitable people. I finally was able to say yes to a lunch invite from Tan our landlady. But as it turned out she had lots of family eating at her kitchen table, and we got ours delivered up to us on a tray, and we ate out on the roof top garden....too funny 
This country is very family oriented, no-one, be it grandparents or children seem to be left out, and the sound of children laughing is the same the world over....pure music!!
Their sense of fashion varies and amuses me, lots of the women wear these pyjama looking outfits...All day!....I was thinking about getting a set.....not sure how Andrew will feel about that.....sexy..
Some of the older gents still prefer to wear their shirt tucked in with a belt, while others wear these grey pj looking things that look like they've just escaped from an asylum...
The Viets have an amazing work ethic, if you ever have the chance to employ one back home, DO IT....they work so long and hard...my work day began today at 8am and though I'll have a couple of breaks in there, I finish tonight at 9pm when we close the workshop.....not a long day by their standard..
Probably the only thing that doesn't impress me over here, is their driving skills......ok, I have recently been mowed down by a motorbike, so I may be biased....but honestly if anyone out there has been praying for our safe travels and safe return to Oz....."Please" keep praying......
THEY ARE NUTS !!!!!! 
the only road rule here is...........don't get hit!!!
Stay safe and keep hugging each other ....mumma bear













No comments:

Post a Comment